Throttled Pro optimizes your internet connection and provides "QoS (Quality of Service)" to Mac OS X. The following bandwidth graph shows what it could do to your network connection.
Normal Saturated Internet Connection
Internet Connection Optimized
by Throttled Pro
Throttled Pro achieves these results by providing weighted network queues (WF2Q+) that guarantee bandwidth for all your essential network services like web browsing, email, and online gaming. In addition, it provides ACK packet priority which speeds up downloads when you are sending out a lot of data. This combination assures that you get the most out of your internet service.
- Provides instantaneous response for SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, POP, IMAP and VNC connections. Also allows you to prioritize any other internet protocol you want to remain responsive under heavy load.
- Includes optimizations for many online games including Unreal Tournament 2004, World of Warcraft, Call of Duty, Ghost Recon, Starcraft, Warcraft II, Warcraft III, and Diablo II.
- Manages BitTorrent, FTP, DCC and other file sharing protocols so your connection always stays lag free.
- Allows you to cap the bandwidth of any service or combination of services. You may have an unlimited number of bandwidth caps if you use the Advanced Configuration panel.
- Provides ACK packet priority to guarantee fast download speeds while your machine is uploading at maximum speed.
Throttled Pro 1.5.1 (2/04/09) - Updated to use throttled-0.5.1 which fixes LAN capping issues experienced by some users. We now make sure 192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x, and Bonjour networks are not throttled.
Frequently Asked Questions
• Does Throttled Pro support VOIP software?
Yes, however all VOIP software uses different TCP/UDP ports so it is not part of the easy configuration. Please refer to the documentation for your VOIP product to locate the exact ports you need to configure.
• Does Throttled Pro support Internet Connection Sharing?
Yes, Throttled Pro will provide capping services to all machines connected to you through Apple's built in Internet Connection Sharing.
• Does Throttled Pro work with Apple's built in firewall?
Yes, however in order to configure the firewall you will need to stop Throttled Pro. After the firewall is configured, turn on Throttled Pro and everything will work just fine. We make sure your internet connection is always safe.
• Does Throttled Pro support BitTorrent or FTP?
Yes, if you use the easy configuration panel BitTorrent and FTP are supported. If you use the ports configuration and have "Enable Catch All Rule" checked, then this will work as well.
• What games does Throttled Pro support in the Easy Configuration?
World of Warcraft
Unreal Tournament 2004
Call of Duty
You can also configure many other games in the Ports Configuration. A full list of gaming ports can be found here. Make sure you have "Enable Catch All Rule" checked if you use this method.
• How many services can Throttled Pro handle?
You can setup as many services as you want in Throttled Pro.
• How can I learn more about Worst-case Weighted fair Queueing (WF2Q+)?
• How can I learn more about ACK packet priority?
• Is the command line version of throttled still available?
Yes, you can find the latest version of throttled at http://intrarts.com/throttledcli.html.
• What if I have other questions about Throttled Pro?
First consult Throttled Pro's built in help, it includes detailed setup directions and other useful information. If your question isn't addressed there feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mac OS X 10.4.x - 10.8.x
Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite (10.10) and El Capitan (10.11) are not supported.
Throttled Pro 1.5.1 for Mac OS X (Throttled Pro.zip) - $20
- OR -